My name is Richard Kendall, I am a Product Manager for News brands for Johnston Press, looking after newsroom tools, including live blogging, CMS and multimedia.
Up until September 2015 I was the Group Digital Content Editor creating, amplifying, sharing and promoting interesting and shareable content around the our titles to grow online traffic.
Before that I was digital content and social media editor for the Peterborough Telegraph’s (PT) online presence for 12 years until February 2015, peterboroughtoday.co.uk, located in north-west Cambridgeshire, UK.
I have 13 years experience of digital content management and 6 utilising social media to share, promote and engage with content; have been focused on producing and sharing relevant, targeted content and growing digital audiences.
I aim to maintain high standards of digital content publishing, strategy and brand communications, alongside a consistent social media presence; internally drive, encourage and share digital journalism and social media best practices and tools.
Through my digital strategies, I helped grow the PT’s web audience from a monthly average of 174,000 unique browsers in 2010 to over 306,000 during 2014. The number of repeat (regular) visitors has risen from a monthly average of 35,000 to 73,000 during this time. Well over a third of the audience is now accessing our content through our mobile website.
I set-up and grew the PT’s central social media channels, and through regular monitoring, sharing and engaging with local communities, as of December 2014 @peterboroughtel on Twitter had over 13,900 followers while Facebook.com/peterboroughtoday had 10,400 likes.
Soon after graduating I started as Web Assistant at the Peterborough ET in October 2002, before taking on the Web Editor‘s role in September 2005.
- Good level of expertise: in-house Atex CMS, content SEO and metadata, IBM Digital Analytics/Webtrends/Google analytics, Google Apps suite; photo/image editing and manipulation, including Photoshop; website structure, navigation and content strategy; live blogging tools: CoverItLive/ScribbleLive.
- Social media expertise, including Twitter, Facebook, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, LinkedIn.
More about me online:
- Linkedin profile – uk.linkedin.com/in/richardkendall.
- About.me profile
- Follow me on Twitter @richardkendall.
- My photos on Flickr – richardkendall.
- My bookmarks at delicious.com/richardk.